To Ask A REALTOR® Before You Sign Anything
1. How many years have you been in the real estate business?
2. Do you have any testimonial letters from previous clients I can see? Can I call some of your past clients?
3. Can I get out of the listing if I’m not pleased with your services? Without a hassle?
4. Are you a member of the Canadian Real Estate Association? Are you a member of the Georgian Triangle Real Estate Board? Why should that be important to me?
5. Are you a member of the MLS®? What is that? How will that help me?
6. Does your company have a well-known logo that people would quickly recognize in order to bring more and quicker attention to my home?
7. Do you stay in touch with me from the beginning of the listing until the closing? How often? In what way?
8. How “high tech” is your business? How advanced are your software programs?
9. Do you advertise on the Internet and, in what other ways do you use the Internet to serve my needs?
10. Do you do anything to prepare a house for the market? What?
11. Do you have a plan for marketing within as well as outside of the real estate profession? What is it?
12. Do you do direct mailings about my property? To whom? How many? How often?
13. Do you prepare professional flyers detailing the amenities and highlights of the home to be given to prospective buyers who come into the house?
14. Will you personally be there when offers are presented to handle all the negotiations?
15. Do you have a marketing plan?
16. How does your marketing plan work?
17. Do you have a licensed assistant?
18. How much time do you invest each year in professional training and career development? Can you give me proof?
19. Are you fully automated with personal computers, fax machine, voice mail, cell phone, etc.?
20. What is your average market time vs. the average market time?
21. Do you follow up on all showings of my/our home and report the comments back to me/us?
22. Will my calls be returned in a timely manner? Explain How.
23. Do you base the marketing price of my/our home on ACTUAL SOLD listing prices rather than current listing prices to establish a realistic selling price? Are you certified as an MVA (Market Value Appraiser – Residential)?
24. Do you work in real estate on a full time basis?
25. How many full time agents do you have within your office to assist you in selling my/our home?
26. What is your company’s market share? Which company sells the most properties in the area?
27. In what ways will you encourage other REALTORS® to sell my home?
28. How many properties have you sold within the past 6 months? 90 days?
29. How long do you see yourself selling Real Estate?
30. What percentage of your business comes from repeat clientele or referrals?